Maronda Homes in Spring Hill Florida – A picture is worth…?

Post Author: Joshua Hanoud
Tropic Shores Realty
Josh's Website: http://www.HernandoLuxuryHomes.com
Post Date: June 2, 2008
Filed Under: Maronda Homes, New Home Construction | 8 Comments

People are always asking for “the best Real Estate Deal“… and that’s great and I’m 100% all for it – but you need to remember that to an extent…you get what you pay for. As they say…a picture is worth a thousand words.

I drove by this home the other day and stopped to take a few pictures (assuming it was vacant). The owner saw me and came out and we chatted for a few minutes – he’s a very nice fellow who while looking for “the best deal” feels like he got a “raw deal”.

Maybe it’s not fully justified…then again…I haven’t seen a customer do this with any of the other builders in Spring Hill…

KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING!

…and if you’re coming from out of state and aren’t familiar with local builders – call me. Even if you don’t want me to represent you in your purchase, I’d be happy to answer your questions for a few minutes regarding the local real estate market.

Just for reference:

Bookmark This Post

delicious Maronda Homes in Spring Hill Florida   A picture is worth...? feeds Maronda Homes in Spring Hill Florida   A picture is worth...? technorati Maronda Homes in Spring Hill Florida   A picture is worth...? stumble Maronda Homes in Spring Hill Florida   A picture is worth...? digg Maronda Homes in Spring Hill Florida   A picture is worth...?

Know someone who might want to know about this? Use the Share/Save Button below to pass it along!

Want to receive the latest deals & information right to your email? Click Here to Subscribe!

Please note - we value your privacy and trust and will never sell your name, email address, or information to anyone for any reason

Questions & Comments

8 Responses to “Maronda Homes in Spring Hill Florida – A picture is worth…?”

1. Gregg Carlson on September 10th, 2008 4:09 am

Josh,
    I am having a hard time understanding why if you are in the business of marketing and selling homes in the Springhill area and have an opportnity to market and help sell homes such as Maronda’s, why you would post such images as those represented on your website depicting Maronda as some kind of shoddy builder. It is hard in these slower economic times to really grasp why you may do yourself and the realtors such an injustice by turning away potential buyers from such a cost effective product. Our Homes are built just as good as any other home in the State. You get more value than we beleive any other homebuilder around. You allow this one disgruntled homeowner disrupt potential sales you or other real estate profesionals have in front of you. If this were a complaint sight then understood. You are marketing homes for sale and this is contrary to that unless the approach is to make affordabloe homes appear less attractive in order to shore up more expensive homes as a better value. I would enjoy having a conversation with you to better understand your position if you wish to engage. I am the Regional President for Maronda and feel we offer a great home. Everyone buying our homes know their not getting granite countertops and tile roofs, they are getting alot of home for the money. Your comments would be welcome. Thanks

2. Josh on September 10th, 2008 5:55 am

Hi Gregg,

I’m surprised that your response to my blog post was, to paraphrase:

“Why did you share that on your personal real estate blog – don’t you want to make money?”

Rather than:

“Where is that house in the photographs, who owns it, and how can I go about getting in touch with them to resolve the issue?”

Naturally, a request that I also share that resolution could have been made as well, and I would be happy to do so.

Thanks for stopping by my blog,

-Josh

3. Woody Marr on September 25th, 2008 9:09 am

A reputation is one earned or time, good or bad. It is nt one customer or compalint. If you have a bad reputation it is for a reason.

4. Josh on September 25th, 2008 10:07 am

Exactly, Woody – it is not just one home that is the issue. Clicking through the reference links above you notice a startling pattern.

Don’t get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem selling Maronda Homes in Spring Hill…as long as my customer is aware of what they’re buying and wants it.

Contrary to popular belief, my job is not to sell homes.

My job is to help my customers get what they want.

Buyers tend to want “a good house at a good price that fits their needs”.

Sellers tend to want “someone to buy my house”.

My job isn’t to just “sell whatever I can”.

I help my customer to get what they want.

If they want a Maronda and need 6 bedrooms for $130,000 and don’t care about WHY this 6 bedroom, 3,000 SF house is priced at $130,000 – then I’m happy to help them find it.

But I’m not going to sell them on the idea that it’s built as well as a $500,000 custom home and the only difference is that they don’t have granite countertops and a tile roof.

-Josh

5. Chris on November 30th, 2008 2:02 pm

I have a simple question. I could care less either way, but I just want to know why the signs in the window do not have bars across them emplying they are located on the outside of the window.

Yet the signs have a glass reflection on them implying they are located behind the glass. This implies to me that it is a bad photoshop job. Perhaps their is a better explanation?

I write this because I am considering buying a Maronda home, but have not yet decided.

On the one hand there are a lot of bad reviews out there. Knowing a little bit about building myself a lot of these reviews are ridiculusly bogus.

Secondly, Realators seem not to like Maronda. I have heard many reasonable explanations for this ( aka Maronda doesn’t anything.

6. Josh on November 30th, 2008 6:58 pm

Hi Chris,

In the Spring Hill area, Maronda Homes pays realtors comparable commissions to most any other builder. As far as the decorative bars on the glass being behind the signs, my only guess to that would be that they’re single-pane windows and the decorative bars are on the inside with the paper slid between them and the glass. I assure you no photoshop work was done.

If you’d like, feel free to call me at 352-397-5182 or email me directly at Josh@HernandoLuxuryHomes.com and I’ll give you the address of the home so you can do your own drive-by…

The last time I was in that area (few weeks ago) the home still had all of the signage up.

7. Javier Porrata on February 23rd, 2010 10:37 am

Hello there;
    I was planning on buying a Maronda house at Gainesville (Newberry or Alachua), what will be your recommendation? can I get the house inspected after they build it but before I buy it?

What suggestion can you give me?

Do you think in your opinion is a good investment?

8. Josh on February 23rd, 2010 11:11 am

Dear Mr. Porrata – You can always have a home inspected… whether the results of that inspection will have any affect on your purchase of the home will have to do with the contract that you signed with the builder. This is a question for an attorney and I suggest that you retain one to assist you with any real estate contracts that you enter into with a new home builder (builders all use their own contracts – not standard state contracts that the Realtors use – and the builder’s contracts are all heavily weighted in the builder’s favor).

I think that at the right price, ANY house can be a great investment… “at the right price”…

Best of luck – and if there’s anything else I can do for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!

-Josh

Please write your question / comment below and then click the "Submit Comment" Button.

Post Author: Joshua Hanoud
Tropic Shores Realty
Josh's Website: http://www.HernandoLuxuryHomes.com
Post Date: June 2, 2008
Filed Under: Maronda Homes, New Home Construction | 8 Comments
About the Author
Josh Hanoud is the #1 Top Producing Agent at Tropic Shores Realty in Spring Hill, FL and in the top 3% of all real estate agents in Hernando County, Florida (2007). He also happens to be the founder of the Hernando Luxury Homes website which aims to showcase the best properties that Hernando County and the surrounding Nature Coast has to offer. Whether buying, selling, relocating, or investing - Josh is proud to offer a higher level of service. Contact him today at 352-397-5182 or Josh@HernandoLuxuryHomes.com to see what he can do for you.

View other posts by Josh